I have recently touched on what you should do or say to increase the chances of sales conversion during a meeting. This time, I will be going through the don’ts during a meeting.
Not all people attend to meetings and this is one of the reasons why they are not aware and familiar about the things that are not allowed during a meeting. In line with this, there are also usual complaints about business meetings such as meeting those leaders who don’t have enough knowledge and idea on how to keep meetings on track, inadequate preparation of participants, lack of agenda and poor planning. For those businessmen who want to obtain higher sales conversion, it is very important that they have a clear and superior understanding about the bad and rude things that are not allowed during a meeting. In order for you to be familiar and aware about the 10 things not to say or do during a meeting for higher sales conversion, here are they:
- Arrive Late- If your meeting will begin at 9am, it does not mean that you need to get in the meeting room at 9am. You need to make sure that you are present within the area before 9am. It is a fact that most people who attend to meetings usually arrive late. This is one of the important things that you need to avoid especially if you are attending a meeting.
- Leave Early– If you can’t finish the meeting, make sure that you inform the leader beforehand or you can also sit near the door to avoid interrupting the meeting. In connection with this, if you need to leave early in the meeting room, the best thing that you can do is to send someone who will represent you in a meeting.
- Fulfill other tasks– If you have other things to do like checking your mobile phones, the best thing that you can do is to skip the meeting. If you are invited in a certain meeting, avoid doing things that can interrupt the concentration of others. If you decide not to participate in the meeting, you need to inform the person who invited you as soon as possible.
- Take or Make Phone Calls– It is rude to take or make calls during a meeting. If you are expecting an important call, the best thing to do is to put your phone on vibrate mode and step out of the meeting room. In line with this, if you are expecting several calls and you need to step out from time to time, it is much better to leave the meeting room.
- Arrive Unprepared– If your meeting leader provide you an agenda, it is very important to review the given agenda and come prepared to the meeting. It is also highly recommended to conduct your intensive research about a certain agenda or topic. Before the start of the meeting, you need to make sure that you are prepared to share various information and ideas about a certain topic.
- Misbehave– This attitude usually includes tapping your pen, disengaging to conversation, getting up for bathroom breaks or food, spinning in your chair and starting side bar conversations while your meeting leader is talking. This is one of the things that you need to avoid during a meeting. If you continue to do these negative behaviors, you will not obtain higher sales conversion.
- Be Indecisive- Don’t be hesitant to share your thoughts and ideas about a certain topic in a meeting. Apart from this, don’t be afraid about the reactions of other people.
- Monopolize- Monopolizing conversations is not allowed during a meeting. You can share your opinions and ideas but give others the chance to share their thoughts too.
- Stray from your agenda- Even though, you have various topics that you desire to discuss with the group, you need to make sure that you stick and focus to the main agenda of the meeting.
- Be silent- Avoid being too silent in a meeting. It is important that you ask questions and actively listen to your meeting leader.
These are the 10 things not to say or do during a meeting for higher sales conversion. Avoiding these things will help you to obtain great results.